Ordinary Teacher

Aquaholiday

| Monday, January 21, 2008

Assalamualaikum

Since I'm home for a week mid-term holiday, my family and I arranged that we spend some quality time together. After some spontaneous decision making, we decided to head to the Aquaria KLCC. The largest underwater world here in the heart of Kuala Lumpur. It is actually located underneath KL Convention Center and adjacent to KLCC.
Tickets are priced at RM 28 for adults and RM 22 for children (age 3-12 years). While RM 18 for Senior Citizen aged 60 and above. (Malaysian Price)


Whether we realized it or not, the exhibition actually takes us on a journey across few types of terrain and the creature that lives in those types of habitats. The Journey consist of The Highland, Jewel of The Jungle, Flooded Forest, The Coast, The Living Reef and The Living Ocean. Each journey will showcase different types of animal that live in them.

Upon entering the main entrance, there was a display of Toman fish and next to it was three little pools where they displayed some Sand Sharks (Yu Pasir) and Patrick...opps no...some starfishes. Hehehe.

Toman Fish
Harmless Sand Sharks
I wonder where's Spongebob? hehehe :P

These are some of the exhibit that I came across inside Aquaria.
Giant Gecko...ewww.
Tarantula?
Flooded Forest Fish
Funny looking fish said to have came from the sea of Mersing Johore.

While I was reading through the information on Flooded Forest, a worker came and reminded us about the Feeding Session they were about to have at the Aqua Theater. And I bet this it the place visitors should be excited about when they visit the Aquaria.

But before we could get to the seating place of the Aqua Theater, something else caught my eye. The 90 meter long tunnel which showcased deep sea creatures. I could see sharks swimming over my head. I could see the bottom part of various types of stingrays. There are also some other small fishes and corals to set up a realistic underwater scene. Amazing....truly amazing. Never imagined myself that close to a shark.

90-meter underwater tunnel
When predator meets predator? Hehe
Some species of Stingray
Close up...
The only sea turtle inside this aquarium

Lastly...the finale. The feeding show at the Aqua Theater. Two divers are to feed the marine life inside the deep sea aquarium.
The Aqua TheaterFeeding time
Feeding a Manta Ray
Feeding Frenzy

We did took a look around in the tunnel again after the show. I really enjoyed my visit here. It was worth it. I guess the expensive ticket was a proof of how expensive it is to keep these creatures alive for people like me and future generation to see. I guess with the level of destruction that human inflict on nature, soon there will be no more of these animals. It's like reading about dinosaurs. Sobs.

So let us together work to preserve this world as it is and please....recycle. Until then...take care now bye bye then...

2 comment(s):

Meera Melati said...

tgh berkira-kira nak gi aqua tu... dah dia citer lak... lagi menggedik ati ni nak pegi... ntah bila la nak pegi huhuhu...

ehem... ehem... bila nak berangkat 'ke sinun'? nnt kat 'sinun' doakan agar akak cepat2 dpt jodoh ek... :D

jgn lupa ole2 skali... moerkekeke...

Anonymous said...

wuwuwuw... sonotnyer dia gi situ... owang pon nak ikot jugak.. bila lak nak gi ngan b...

kak meera... doakan semuga semua akan berjalan lancar..