Ordinary Teacher

When Original is no longer Authentic

| Saturday, November 24, 2007

Asssalamualaikum

I've decided to spend my weekend back at home. Since big brother just finished his finals and now it is a school holiday, everyone is here at home. Mom did promise little nephew some action figure for getting a top five spot is his recent examination. On top of that we plan on having dinner together at the Sate Kajang Hj. Samuri at Taman Melati. After moving from one lot to a join lot nearby, I've expected a better service and better dining layout than before, but I thought wrong. Here is what happened.

Arrived at Taman Melati around 8 pm and by the looks of it, the premise was kinda congested, but that is a normal scenario. Parked the car, it was our luck that as soon as we entered the place, there was a recently vacated table at out expense. Sat down, but it was a back to back seating. From my observations, there were even table with benches where people sat while having their backs rubbing against each other. Thats just show how people was stuffed in the restaurant.

Unfortunately, it doesn't end there. You think getting a seat is hard, getting our order was even tougher. It took 10 minutes for the worker to realize that there was new customer and clean out the table. Order taken, 15 minutes later they arrived and again I suffered another blow, my drink didn't arrive. Told the waiter, and another 15 minutes I have to wait.

It was a dinner not to enjoy. It was full of distress or should I say tension. I could see that I was not the only one suffering as I could see others who had their frowning face on. Why is this happening?

I remember eating Sate Kajang Haji Samuri back at the original place at a corner lot near Metro Kajang. The service then was marvelous, and at that time, you only pay what you can eat. Which means that they will calculate how many sticks was consumed and they took back the rest. The service was more heart warming. That was the only sate Kajang outlet I remembered. But since then, the business flourished which is a good sign and Haji Samuri began opening a lot of outlets all aroung Klang Valley. That was when he lost sight of whats important.

Outlets all around Klang Valley had an image like a fast food restaurant and the service level began to deteriorate. The taste of sate is somewhat losing its originality. (can't blame them, last time they use hand held fan, now...big electric fan).

Now back to my dinner, when they move from a single lot to a double lot, I've expected better service, but I got otherwise. The seats was so uncomfortable for a long legged creature like myself. They increase number of table inside but not the number or worker. It's as if profit was what matters but no longer customer satisfaction. I only have one word; GREED.

Maybe that is my last time having dinner there. I will remind myself that if I want Sate Kajang badly, I might as well spend extra and have it where it came from, not some franchise outlet that only think about profit, profit and profit. Wassalam.

0 comment(s):