Ordinary Teacher

Selamat Hari Raya Idul Adha

| Sunday, December 23, 2007

Assalamualaikum

I guess it's not too late to wish any of my readers happy Idul Adha. This is the forth day and I finally found some effort to write in.

Guess what? This raya is the first raya that I went to the Sunat prayers not wearing a proper Baju Melayu, instead I found some courage to put on the Jubah Mama bought for me at Mekah the last time she went to Haj some years ago. I said to myself what the heck, when else am I going to find excuse of wearing jubah rather than this time around the year? Of course at first I was restless because I felt that the jubah was making my movement a little bit limited. Huhuhu. But I looked not bad after taking a good look at the picture taken after the prayers. Don't you think?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Me in Jubah

Then yesterday out of nowhere suddenly my big brother decided to bring the whole family to the Eye of Malaysia ferris wheel ride. I never imagined myself getting on board of that thing. Although I often took the road which enables me to see the Eye, I never really had that urgency to get on it...don't know why. But since someone is sponsoring, well...why not?

We went there early to avoid ourselves from getting into long queue on a hot sunny day. Bought the tickets and found out we were going on board the Gondola Number 1. Huhuh...How honoured. Hiks. I was eager to see how far the eye can cover...obviously not the whole Malaysia. It should only be called The Eye of Kuala Lumpur...Huhuhu. Here are some of the sight you might be able to see while inside the gondola.

KLCC, KL Tower, Istana Budaya are among the landmarks identified

View from the highest stop during the ride


The metal support of the Eye of Malaysia

However there are several things that spoils the view upon riding the eye. Squatters, right next to the eye. It's just shows no matter how developed one country is, there will always a dark side to it.


Squatters, right next to the Titiwangsa Lake

I was just informed that the ride will be extended until August 2008 because apparently Visit Malaysia 2007 also have been extended to that date. Well I guess it is not to late for you people out there to catch this not so fantastic ride...huhuh. But if you never been on a Ferris Wheel, the Eye should provide you with some enjoyment...adios. Take care now bye bye then

0 comment(s):