Ordinary Teacher

Loss of an Uncle

| Sunday, November 23, 2008

Assalamualaikum,

My left eye have been twitching for the past one week and people told me that it was a sign that I am about to cry in the near future. I don't normally believe these superstitions but yesterday I found out cruel truth about it. Yes I cried...

My most beloved uncle a.k.a Wak Ali have passed away yesterday evening at his home in Batu 10 Teluk Panglima Garang, Sijangkang. He was suffering from multiple internal organ malfunction and was warded at Hospital Putrajaya two weeks ago.

The day that we went for the visit, he seems to recover. Even with his weak condition, he managed to invite us to have a drink while visiting him. He made me smile thinking how a sick man could think of what visitor should drink. That was how he was so generous even when he's sick.

I thought recovery was on the way until yesterday I picked up my Abah's phone and read about him.

It was shocking yet expected news. He was as old as my Mama's side grandma. I never had a grandfather you see, so Wak Ali was to me like a grandfather figure. It was sad to lose him.

By the time we arrived at kampung this morning, they were about the perform Solat Jenazah and carry him to the nearest cemetary. I couldn't hide my tears no matter how hard I tried. I could see my cousin's eyes were as red as mine. We dare not talk to each other as I think I might burst my tears out.

The 'talkin' session at the cemetery was serene and peaceful. Everything went well. It was heart touching. The recitation finally made me cry. People might think I'm not suppose to but I did. For so many reasons of course and not just because of the loss of my uncle.

We left that afternoon knowing that the next Raya won't be the same anymore. There will no longer be Wak Sarsaparilla [that's what I used to call him as he likes to serve visitor with that type of drink].

Al-Fatihah, semoga Allah berkati roh Wak Ali dan meletakkan dia dikalangan orang-orang yang beriman. Amin Amin Ya Rabbal Alamin

0 comment(s):