Ordinary Teacher

Water Bottle Rocket : D-Day!!

| Friday, February 27, 2009

Assalamualaikum,

The moment that I've been waiting for, D-day for my water bottle rocket project. After few modification and replacing the 'War-Head' for the prototype rocket, the rocket is ready to be launched in a competitive competition.

The new Rocket beside the old damaged War-Head

10 teams of staffs competed in the competition and what a luck, my team was up for the first launch in the staff category. After 10 students rocket was previously launched before us, it was the moment of truth. I was in charge of making sure that the bottle had enough pressure in it before lift-off while, Mr. Rosdi and Azmi was at the launching pad....and boom, the rocket was on its way to glory.

Shuk, Shida and Affaf (behind me) came to offer their support

The Air Compressor used to pump in pressure into the bottle

The Crowd goes wild when rockets were launched

My Pride and Joy Rocket with my prize
[Credit to Oh Siew Choo for this picture from her N85]

The projectile resembles the flight it took in its maiden launch but I can confirm that it was farther than before. The distance of 128.56 meter was measured at the end of the day. Unfortunately, it was not enough to win as another rocket flew 150.12 meter. We were settled for second place. The winner team then told me that they added and mixed some kind of chemical in the water to make it lighter. Huh?? I did not to submit any objection as I think that I did this just for the fun of it. By the way, in the staff category, the top five received the same price of Kingston 4Gb Data Traveller Pendrive. Hehe. As far as I am concern, I am really proud of my rocket's achievement.

Runner-Up was good enough for me...hehe
[The important thing is the participation]

1 comment(s):

Had96 said...

salam cikgu, im a high school student from kuala lumpur. im looking for instructions and diagrams on how to make a simple air-pressure rocket. i'm only allowed to use the normal carbonated drink bottle, plasticine, thread, masking tape, plastics, mounting board, thick plastics and a hole punchers. do you have any idea on how i should do it ? thank you cikgu :) please contact me at phantom_dina96@yahoo.com