Ordinary Teacher

Eid: 1st day

| Saturday, October 13, 2007

Assalamualaikum,

It has been a serene Eid morning. Preparations for morning feast with the whole family was in order. As usual, Abah would recite the doa selamat before feasting. The menu is something that I would die for...Mama's specialty, Palas Leaf Ketupat a.k.a Triangle Ketupat and beef rendang. It is the course that I have been craving every
raya.

After eating, our family continue the tradition of 'beraya' where the young ask forgiveness from those who are older. Tears were shed as this is the first time we had Eid without our beloved Nek.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Standing inside the praying hall

Like any other raya before, it is out family's norm to perform Solat Sunat at mosque. This year we chose Wilayah Mosque. But this time it was it little bit different than before. This time it was like attending Solat Sunat at foreign country. I can barely see local resident but I saw mostly Bangladeshi , Indonesian and Myanmar people filling in the mosque. Funnily Mat Rempit did attend but just to fill the gap at the mosque's parking lot. So ironic!

Back from prayers, it was another round of Mama's delicious ketupat while watching Eid Special TV show. Like any other year, it was the dynamic duo Rosyam Noor and Fauziah Nawi's acting that won my vote for today's touching telemovie.

Then a visit from my baby sitter's daughter, Kak Hanim gave my family a visit with her husband and her 4 children. Then all the story about what I did when I was in diapers came out. We forgot to fill in the cookie jars with cookies before visitor came so I did it while sampling some of it. Hiks.

*Tomorrow maybe we're going to give my Abah's side of the family a visit a Sijangkang, Klang.

0 comment(s):