Ordinary Teacher

"Forgive" and "Forget"??

| Friday, April 11, 2008

Assalamualaikum

Today marks the end of the hectic study week. Today I've also discovered that it was the best day and the worst day in my life. I've learn a valuable lesson today about a famous English saying "to forgive and forget". Today two things happened to me...and the saying gave me two distinctive meaning. I find it is easier to forgive...but really, it is impossible to forget.

Earlier in the afternoon. A group of students came to me and asked for my forgiveness and blessings for them to seat for the exam week next Monday peacefully.

Malay's really believed that if the teacher gives blessings, then the whole process should become easier. One after another came to visit me and asked and I truthfully gave them my blessings. I said "I have never hold any grudge against you during my time teaching." They said they really understood those lesson I've taught during the lecture. It really mean a lot coming from them. Even from my ex-lecture students. I was on cloud nine.

Suddenly came this one particular boy who seems to piss me off by skipping class very much frequently, and he came with the same objective. So I did forgave him for pissing me off. Hiks.

However later today, I now know that not all forgiveness comes in package with forgetting the whole mishap.

One should ask these questions,
Have you ever been lied to?
Have you ever forgive that person?
If you did, can you still recall that very lie perfectly well.
It means that you never forget the bloody incident.

So it doesn't mean that the saying is true. I sometimes can forgive, but I never forget. Especially when it come to people lying to me. I'm allergic to lies.

Have a nice and pleasant weekend.

Apologize - One Republic



I'm holding on your rope,
Got me ten feet off the ground
I'm hearin what you say but I just can't make a sound
You tell me that you need me
Then you go and cut me down, but wait
You tell me that you're sorry
Didn't think I'd turn around, and say...

It's too late to apologize, it's too late
I said it's too late to apologize, it's too late

I'd take another chance, take a fall
Take a shot for you
And I need you like a heart needs a beat
But it's nothin new
I loved you with a fire red-
Now it's turning blue, and you say...
"Sorry" like the angel heaven let me think was you
But I'm afraid...

It's too late to apologize, it's too late
I said it's too late to apologize, it's too late

Bridge (guitar/piano)

It's too late to apologize, it's too late
I said it's too late to apologize, it's too late
It's too late to apologize, yeah
I said it's too late to apologize, yeah-
I'm holding on your rope, got me ten feet off the ground...

0 comment(s):