Ordinary Teacher

Iron Man : Teacher's View

| Thursday, May 1, 2008

Assalamualaikum,

The day had come that I went to watch the movie I've been waiting for these couple of weeks, Iron Man. Went to Berjaya Times Square and got the tickets from the Imax Cinema. This is the first time I've ever tried watching here. It is said to be one of the largest screen in the world. By the way, there is some special promotion with discount on the tickets on Iron Man movie.

Fun but there is a sinister to it

Here goes nothing. Overall comment : four and a half star. Here's why...

First of all let's talk about the characters...

Tony Stark/Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) :
Fairly ok...but I've expected a taller Tony than Robert Downey Jr. But he fits the job quite well

Jim "Rhodey" Rhodes ;Soon to be War Machine (Terrence Howard):
Terrible selection of actor. I would have expected somebody like Wesley Snipes to fill in this character.

Virginia "Pepper" Potts (Gwyneth Paltrow):
I always imagined Pepper Potts to be a black haired not a blonde. But she was alright to me.

Obadiah Stane/Iron Monger (Jeff Bridges):
This character is a more realistic enemy but I would prefer Iron Man's greatest foe, The Mandarin.

Storyline:
I hated the way the original storyline was altered to suit current issues. For example, the original storyline from the comic was that Tony Stark was supposed to be kidnapped by Wong-Chu, a communist who set up a booby trap at Vietnam (American foe at that moment).

Where in the movie, he suddenly been kidnapped by a Afghan terrorist (American current enemy considering they haven't found Osama Laden). So I guess this part is a bunch of CRAP, STUPID and a CHEAP PROPAGANDA by the director Jon Favreau. I don't appreciate changing the storyline for a cheap shot like that. I would have like it to remain like in the comic book. I believe that any Iron Man's die hard fan would have appreciated originality.

Funny how one of the Afghan in the movie during making the ransom video refer Tony Stark as "Syaitan Nirrajim"...which means "condemned setan"

Stages of developing Iron Man

I also liked it when Jim Rhodes looked at the Mark 2 prototype of Iron Man and said "Maybe nextime...", and I was hoping that the War Machine character will soon follow thus Iron Man 2....Hiks. Oh, lets not forget that Stan Lee always makes cameo appearance during the party Tony Stark attended...thanks Stan for all your wonderful comic characters.

Other than that I like the whole build up process of creating the Iron Man. He is by far one of the most realistic comic character I could ever think other than Batman.

For more detail about the true origin and storyline of Iron Man...read here.

Until then...this is a movie to watch for its effects but it does offend some people...I was one of them.

Take care now bye bye then...

0 comment(s):