Ordinary Teacher

Viva Italia

| Saturday, June 28, 2008

Assalamualaikum

You maybe wondering why one earth I chanted 'Viva Italia' although the Italian already crashed out from the Euro 2008 recently by Spain in a penalty shootout after the two team were in deadlock even after extra time. But I have been a lifelong Italian national team supporter and a big fan of Alessandro Del Piero.I remembered how I began to support Italy team. It was during the World Cup 1994 in USA. At that time it was Roberto Baggio's era to shine. Unfortunately they lost in the Final game against Brazil ironically also in a penalty shootout. It was since then that I devoted myself to support Italy Football team in any of the major football events.

The Italian team almost made me proud in the Euro 2000 where unfortunely they lost to France in the final after a quick goal right at the end lashes the hope of the Italian to lift the european trophy. But in 2006, the proudest moment in my time as Italian supporter, they've won the World Cup.

Do you know what those 4 stars in the logo mean? It means the number of time Italian became World Champions

Upon devoting myself as Italian fan, I did bought myself some collection of the Italian Football kit to show my support. These are among the Italian Kit's I previously owned.

The World Cup France 98' (my brother gave this as a present)The World Cup 2004 kit (My 'bestest' friend gave this as my birthday present)

I've also dislike some of previous Italian Away kit like this one...don't know why.


And yesterday, I bought myself the latest Home Italian Kit to add to my collection.


I've also interested in making the latest away kit my own. But not anytime soon.


Well that wraps up my career as Italian National team supporter from Malaysia. Maybe more soon to come for the Italian Team. Viva Italia!!!

italy anthem -

0 comment(s):