Ordinary Teacher

Popia Reservations??

| Sunday, September 14, 2008

Assalamualaikum,

I am posting from home to experience fasting in the middle of Ramadhan back here in KL. Unlike away from home, I seldom have rice for sahur but instead I opted for something simple and easy to swallow like fried meehun and roti john.

But at home, it is compulsory to have rice and I actually have to be up off my bed as early as 4 a.m to get ready. This change of food consumption of course is going to take its effect immediately after sahur and I am not going to talk about that. Hehe.

More interesting, Mama said that there is this one popia shop at our nearest pasar ramadhan that people are craving that even if you get there early, it would still be sold out. Interesting? Well, I just have to take a look for myself then.

Popia Basah @ Wet Popia

Saturday evening, I embarked on a journey to discover about this popia and maybe try to get some myself. But as soon as I got there, the shop said HABIS [finished]. But apparently there were two people folding popia there and so I asked on how could I buy those popia. It seems that to do so, we have to book one day early. So I wrote down my name and booked a hefty number of popia considering the time it took for me to wait.

Sunday evening, after the afternoon nap (hehe), I discovered that it was dark outside and the wind was blowing like tornado. At that moment I remembered what the guy at the stall said the other day, "Adik, kalau adik tak datang sebelum pukul 6.30, Abang jual kat orang lain tau". And so, I got up and went to the stall as soon as possible.

It was windy and heavy rain began to fall as I reached the stall and waited for my order to be ready. I hope that the popia is worth all the trouble I have to go through. Not only that I got the Popia Basah. I also got 'Basah' myself. Huhuhu

p.s : Funny how nowadays we have to take number to buy Murtabak as well.

0 comment(s):