Ordinary Teacher

Minit Curai

| Friday, May 29, 2009

Assalamualaikum,

Today I gained another new experience. I came to work normally like any other day, had my breakfast with my colleagues. Suddenly my boss approached me and told me that I need to replace him to attend a meeting at Bahagian Teknologi Pendidikan (BTP) in Bukit Kiara. He informed me exactly at 8:30 am and the meeting was scheduled to start at 9:00 am. I only have half an hour to be there and it's on the other side of KL.

So I decided to use my Garmin map in my N95 to guide me to use the shortest and easiest route. I end up using the Lebuhraya Damansara-Puchong. I arrived without any hassle. But was a little bit late as the meeting was already started when I came in.

The meeting ended at noon and I rushed back to my brother's house at Puchong and go to mosque together. After that I went back to office just to be informed that officers who went for a meeting outside the organizations are required to prepare a Minit Curai for whatever that means. I've heard of it before once during my college days but never imagine myself preparing one. Hiks. Lucky for me the template and examples were provided by my colleague here. Apparently this Minit Curai is compulsory for government servants who attend meeting outside their department. The purpose is to tell people in our own department about what have been decided in the meeting that we attend and what our actions needed in the course of the decision taken.

Alhamdulillah I remembered to become an active listener during the meeting and was able to jot down some important notes. However I was also distracted with the cold temperature of the meeting room which forced me to take a leave to the restroom in the middle of the meeting. Hiks.

So today, I've learnt how to become a temporary secretary. Hehehe. Salute to all secretary in the world for their patience in listening and jotting down important notes. Now I know how hard that job is. Hehehe. Until then, take care now bye bye then.

0 comment(s):