Ordinary Teacher

New Work Update

| Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Assalamualaikum,

I am just going to share some experience at my new workplace. Before this, I was an ordinary teacher who was living his working live depending on a piece of paper called timetable. Going to class, lunchtime, and free period was all in there and all I have to do is just obey them and when it's time to go home, I just pack my stuff and leave. It's like premeditated and has been repeated for the past three years. It's not like I'm complaining, but that was how I was.

But today, I no longer depend on timetable to do anything. Everything is more of an initiative rather than force. However, work can sometimes come like a tsunami without prior notice. As a 'new broom', every task given to me was finished in a fraction of time. I not only surprise my boss but I even surprise myself. Never knew I could work that fast. Everyday here is like a new lesson for me. Not only in my work description, but also my daily working life survival if you might say. Everyone here is giving me tons and tons of advice about people around here but I much prefer to stay neutral and not take sides. Other than that, people here at the new place is very helpful and friendly. I find it little bit hard as I can be considered youngest officer here. So I better watch what I say. Hiks. They might be in a different transmission wavelength. They might perceive differently towards what I say.

Anyhow, I am trying to adapt myself from my previous discipline to this newly and challenging work.

0 comment(s):