Ordinary Teacher

Why teaching is just teaching...

| Saturday, May 26, 2007

Assalamualaikum

Dear readers,

I have began teaching last week, and I've been teaching maths in english...huehuehue.

I believe this is the first time I've written english in my new blog. That's a start. I wouldn't want my english writing skills to just go down the drain.

Regarding my enrty title. Why teachers nowadays are no longer an educator. What is the difference? Teachers for so long now have been stripped off their power to educate students. Educate means to teach not only academic, but also human relations concerning attitude.

Teachers no longer have the rights to scold or punish their students or legal actions will be taken against them. One little pinch might leave the teacher in trouble of in a court.

This is why teachers should stick to just teach. Leave the other trouble alone. If the students have bad attitude...it's their parents job. If the students end up being a crook or bad guys...it's their parents fault. Me, I decided to leave the dicipline part aside. I just wanna share my knowledge and get on with my life.

Why you might ask?

A colleague of mine recently penalised for punishing a student who didn't attend a orientation week closing ceremony and instead was found smoking in secluded areas. His father apparently have friends in higher place decided to bend the rule to save his son. My friend was put into the guilty part. The boy...moved on like nothing happened.

Cover ups? YUP!!!!

As far as I'm concern, parents nowadays are over-reacting. Back in my school days. I dare not talk to my parents about my wrong doings at school. At least I have some dignity. Parents back to those days are very serious about family reputation. A school offend means a tarnish in the family reputation and the son/daughter might end up with more smacking.

Yeah...that's life. That is what happens if you have these human rights people hanging around finding some cases.

I'm sticking with just teaching. I will only teach those who wants to learn. I still have a long way ahead of me in my career. I won't let any of these dumb spoilt brat ruin anything.

p.s: Sick and tired of head of department who doesn't have backbone and don't stick up for their teachers.

0 comment(s):