Ordinary Teacher

Farewell Party

| Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Assalamualaikum,

Asam Garam Kehidupan (just two jars my mom bought; Ironic isn't it)

Today was a day that celebrates those who will be departing to a different direction. Two simple celebrations were conducted; one from the maths unit and the other by the Staff Club. I am just going to elaborate on the unit's celebration.

A meal was prepared and the four of us, Kak Saadah, Kak Suzi, Azmi and myself was celebrated and asked to give simple speech. I was the last person to give my speech. The truth is I was speechless and babbled throughout the entire process. But I did let out what was in my heart.

Kak Saadah giving her speech

The token...

...a personalized Sheaffer Pen

Clearer view

My name engraved in Gold

As a token of our hard work for Maths Unit, the four of us received a personalized engraved Sheaffer Pen. I was overwhelmed with the present and I felt really appreciated. At moments I even felt guilty for applying for the transfer. I felt that I am betraying a second family here in Tangkak. On a contrary, I believe that this transfer is somehow fated and I've always imagine myself taking a post similar to my mom's job when she was in the Kementerian.

0 comment(s):