Ordinary Teacher

Weekender...

| Sunday, April 12, 2009

Assalamualaikum,

This week I decided to stay at Tangkak and spend the weekend entertaining my bestest friend to a treat at the Mee Bandung Special at Muar. By the way, it has been a while since I had a treat there and feasting at the best Mee Bandung restaurant by far in my list.

Before arriving there, I decided to get some stuff at Giant Hypermarket in Muar. After done buying the needed stuff, we came across this fish treatment pool in there. At first I was reluctant to do but after some persuasion, I succumb to the plea. We were requested to soak our feet in a basin before putting them into the pool of fish. I was really embarrassed at first because I was giggling really loud as the fish started nibbling my feet. People around the shops were smiling looking at my reaction. I really laughed until my eyes were flooded with tears. I was covering my face at least until I can endure the thought of fish 'eating' my legs off. We were charged RM10 for a 20 minute treatment. I must say that my feet felt truly cleaned after the process.
The Doctor Fish, also known as Garra Rufa is a tiny toothless Turkish spa fish, of the Garra species, naturally nibbling away those pesky dead skin that makes your skin dull and dead, leaving you with silky smooth hands and feet that look great from any direction. Many people also believe that the Doctor Fish therapy (Fish Spa) can cure problems like psoriasis, a disease that causes red, scaly patches to appear on the skin. Hot spring spas in Turkey with such fish have been running for more than 100 years and some people with skin problems swear by the treatment. For example, with psoriasis, the fish lick away the plaque which causes red patches and release a small quantity of dithranol, an enzyme which results in skin rejuvenation.

Soon after that we soon set our foot at the Mee Bandung Muar restaurant. We ordered our normal menu but this time we added the Nasi Goreng Ayam. A while later, the restaurant welcome a familiar face, none other than Menteri Besar of Johor, YB Dato' Haji Ghani Othman, a local son of Muar. He came with his friends and bodyguards. I did give him a smile and he replied. Such a friendly person. And we continued feasting ignoring any extraordinary presence.

We then came back home with a clean feet. So to speak. Hehe

0 comment(s):